Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inspirations from "The Art of Derrick Hodgson"

 The following are done via inspirations of Madreal, Derrick Hodgson.

I noticed that some of the art that Derrick does are long and narrow.  I took that into consideration and made my impressions of them.  It is also easy to doodle as I'm no where near an artist myself.  Hope that it creates an impression on you.

My first batch.

At first, I didn't know what to make out of these impressions.  These just random doodles I made.


The second batch.

The next batch I did was when I noticed Derrick's drawings were long and narrow.  So, that was in my mind for several days and I made long ones.  The Cucumber ones didn't really work out but nevertheless, some of the drawings reminded me of cucumbers.  The Block Totem was my impression of the TOTEM that Derrick created.  I saw my kids' blocks and stacked them on top of each other and took a photo of it.

My impressions of Derrick's TOTEM
The last batch I did was an impression of Derrick's Beaver.  When I showed these to my daughter, she thought of M&M...don't know where that came from.


Next?  Colour them maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment