Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Very Own - iPhone 4 review...

I've made an endeavour attempt and daring review of a device that I've been using for a while.  This is my very first review that is documented and shared.  Wow, that is a few first.

The device that was reviewed is the iPhone 4.  I chose to review this device for a very specific reason: it is the only device that sort of know a lot about.  The number one challenge, was to find at least one flaw to report on.  Having used the iPhone 4 for almost a year, I simply found it hard to find at the very least a flaw.  It might have been that I did realize the flaw and adapted to it and/or found a resolution and might have believed that it isn't a flaw anymore.  At the same time, I'm really passionate about the device.  There's not really anything I don't like about the iPhone.  However, when reviewing, I must also point out  the negative or 'cons' of the product.  This was my major challenge.  So I end up reviewing on something that was slightly annoying to me, the virtual keyboard along with it's autocomplete.  Actually, it works like a charm half of the time.  The other half...well, let's just say, I did wish that it would behave as I want it to: "be quiet!"



The title page of the review.

I started the review with an abbreviated company information, history, and products that Apple Inc. currently is producing and marketing.  In this page, I must learn to determine how to layout the images on a page so it is pleasing to and leading the eyes within the page.  Great way for me to apply some of the received information from my Multi Media Design professor.  I do hope that my application of these information are appropriate proportionately correct.


An attempt to page layout.


As I progressed with the hardware configurations and system specifications, I realized that there are a multitude of information available just on the iPhone 4's Apple webpage.  When I reached the third page of these configurations and specifications, I figured that I can't just continue to cover of the rest of the physical attributes of the hardware.  I continued with the firmware or software overview.  While I was reporting on those, another challenge was that there is also countless information available that was not going to be covered.  Choosing what to leave out is also part of this challenge and that wasn't a fun part.  In addition, learning where to draw a line, too.


Learning to leave out more than I need and using smaller images.

Finally, the sources are most probably not referenced correctly.  Unfortunately, when I sent the review to be printed, I realized that there's an upper cap limit of 10 mb for the file to be uploaded for printing at Seneca's computer commons.  My .pdf file was the size of just a bit more than 30 mb.  I wasted some time uploading the file to print while I the file was constantly rejected without any messages.  Then I looked at the FAQ section and that's when I learned about the top cap.  However, when I realized that when I was looking at the review, I realized that none of images were referenced individually.  Bad...bad mistake.  Learnt to have a final check before actually printing the expensive document.



Reference page that is missing details.

Having said all these, this review is a fun report.  I thought it would be an easy review.  The contents were readily available.  The constant tediously attempting the aligning of the images and layout of how it flows along with text is very time consuming.  On and off, I probably have spent about 5 to 6 hours on this project.  Just wish that I'd be able to convert that into cash.  Probably not now.   A learning experience it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment